Frequently Asked Questions
Why are you blocking my mail?
Is there a mailing list I can subscribe to?
How long will it usually take for my IP or domain to be delisted?
What are the testpoints for the lists?
How can I contribute?
What are the query limits for the public DNS servers?
Where can I download the data?
What is a policy based listing?
- Why are you blocking my mail?
The lists provided by SpamEatingMonkey.com do not block mail. They only recommend a course of action based on that IP or domain name. If your mail is being blocked and you have been sent to this page then you can request removal from some of the lists on our removal page.
- Is there a mailing list I can subscribe to?
Yes. The SEM users list is at http://lists.digital-z.com/cgi-bin/mailman/listinfo/sem.
- How long will it usually take for my IP or domain to be delisted?
If the list allows removal requests then the request will be processed immediately. Most of the time it will take only minutes to remove the address but please allow up to 24 hours for the data to fully propagate.
- What are the testpoints for the lists?
Every list has a positive and negative entry. If a list returns incorrect responses then it is not operating properly and should be disabled immediately.
- For URI lists, the domain '_DNSBL_.test' will always return a positive response and '_DNSBLNEG_.test' will never return any records.
- For IP lists, the IP 127.0.0.2 will always return a positive response and 127.0.0.1 will never return any records.
- How can I contribute?
We always need more mirrors and data sources so if you have bandwidth to spare or a large amount of data you are willing to share, please contact us.
- What are the query limits for the public DNS servers?
If you are going to perform more than 100,000 queries per day or more than 5 queries per second for more than a few minutes, please contact us first. Otherwise, as long as you respect the policies and don't cause any service problems you are free to query the public servers. Basically, don't do bad things.
- Where can I download the data?
Currently, downloads of list data is restricted to sponsors only. However, we are occassionally willing to grant access upon request. Contact us for more information.
- What is a policy based listing?
A "policy based listing" is a listing of an address that has been defined by the provider as an address that should never send mail directly or known to be in use by ROKSO listed groups. Occassionally there are mistakes or addresses are reallocated so removal requests are allowed but may require manual review and approval.